Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dreamweaver and md5

I started out my PHP programming years relying heavily on dreamweaver to do my database coding. At the beginning I was  restricted in my abilities to what dreamweaver was capable of doing, yet over the years  my abilities grew and I now only use it to do the repetitive grunt work.

One thing I could never figure out was how to create encrypted password security systems using dreamweaver and I just figured it out using md5 and it is a piece of cake. I am posting it because I could not find it on google and thought other people like me could be looking for the code. I am using Dreamweaver CS4 at this time, but I don’t think that will matter.

For this tutorial, simply use Dreamweaver to build your username/password insertion page and login page as normal and I will show what you need to modify to make it work.On to the code…


The code that inserts passwords into the database…..

$insertSQL = sprintf("INSERT INTO `admin` (admin_name, admin_pass, admin_level) VALUES (%s, %s, %s)",
                       GetSQLValueString($_POST['admin_name'], "text"),
                       GetSQLValueString(md5($_POST['admin_pass']), "text"),
                       GetSQLValueString($_POST['admin_level'], "int"));

 

As you can see, I simply inserted md5 with a new bracket around it…. That’s it, it is inserted into DB as md5

 

The Login page

if (isset($_POST['username'])) {
  $loginUsername=$_POST['username'];
  $password=md5($_POST['password']);
  $MM_fldUserAuthorization = "admin_level";
  $MM_redirectLoginSuccess = "login_good.php";
  $MM_redirectLoginFailed = "login_bad.php";
  $MM_redirecttoReferrer = false;
  mysql_select_db($database_mine, $mine);
             
  $LoginRS__query=sprintf("SELECT admin_name, admin_pass, admin_level FROM `admin` WHERE admin_name=%s AND admin_pass=%s",
  GetSQLValueString($loginUsername, "text"), GetSQLValueString($password, "text"));
  
  $LoginRS = mysql_query($LoginRS__query, $mine) or die(mysql_error());
  $loginFoundUser = mysql_num_rows($LoginRS);
  if ($loginFoundUser) {
   
    $loginStrGroup  = mysql_result($LoginRS,0,'admin_level');
   
    //declare two session variables and assign them
    $_SESSION['MM_Username'] = $loginUsername;
    $_SESSION['MM_UserGroup'] = $loginStrGroup;           

    if (isset($_SESSION['PrevUrl']) && false) {
      $MM_redirectLoginSuccess = $_SESSION['PrevUrl'];           
    }
    header("Location: " . $MM_redirectLoginSuccess );
  }
  else {
    header("Location: ". $MM_redirectLoginFailed );
  }
}

this is a standard Dreamweaver generated login page, on this line   $password=$_POST['password']; , again I simply inserted  md5 and the bracket - $password=md5($_POST['password']);


Thats it, Dreamweaver and md5, piece of cake

No comments:

Post a Comment